Copyright © 2014-2017 Software Developer Life Blog - All Rights Reserved.
Subscribe to Software Developer Life Blog
Search Articles Of My Blog

2014-11-16

Personal Selfie 1: My current girlfriend is a Mercy.

Well, one of the things is that my girlfriend is Mercy in nature. To tell you the truth, I kind of respect and know how hard it is to live in a "Mercy" world. There is no much guide in them to see the rest of the big picture of the world due to their mental mode, but nonetheless, they have a lot of originality. In addition, you don't know a person's real character as 1. We all place different "roles" that mask our real identity due to culture or job responsibilities and 2. Most people are not self aware or self conscious of their own being and usually their behavior is driven or programmed by the external forces (especially if you lack critical thinking). That, I refer to as "noise", a thing that when you research behavior, you get wrong conclusions due to other factors overriding the natural mode of a human's behavior.

In any case, my girlfriend is not the typical "mercy" per se. It is a very tenacious and critical thinking person, but in a "mercy" way. It is better to have a person that has critical thinking than having blind faith. However, this may be more problematic than you think (if your critical thinking is based most only around mercy experiences).

If anybody would ask me why I have a girlfriend like that, it can be to some extent on trying to observe cognitive modes that I am less unaware or conscious of. However, if they asked me specifically why picking one that is more problematic than obedient, I would go a thousand years back and say what the archaic Philosopher Socrates have said.

The old philosopher Socrates had a big main background character behind the scenes, and that was his wife. He could made a lot of satirical jokes about it. One day when he was teaching to his disciples at the alley near his house, his wife could yell and complain loudly out to him. Her wife couldn't take it anymore and threw a bucket of water over him. Then Socrates replied to his disciples "after the thunderstorm, comes the rain".

One time, a disciple of Socrates named Antisthenis replied to him: "Nonetheless you know the nature of things, instead of teaching your wife, you chose to be bound under her? She is the hardest to deal of all women that will possibly ever exist in the past or in the future within this universe."

He replied: "I see that those who want to be effective cavalryman do not pick horses that are obedient but untamed ones. That is because they think that if they can control untamed ones, then easy it will be for them to ride any other horses. And now because I want to "use" people and "communicate" people, that wife I chose to pick. And because I know well that if I can tame her, easy will be for me to deal in general with the rest of the people I encounter."

This is very abstract, but the philosopher sayings are very correct and precise in most aspects. After all, you learn the most when you are not in your best comfort zone. However, that is not the whole main reason. There are other aspects too why I chose her. But I guess that is enough for this post.